Planning for the Future of the Bulverde/Spring Branch Community.
To establish a close working relationship with the City of Bulverde, Texas,
Comal County, Texas, and other governmental and community entities in the
area to encourage, facilitate, and manage economic development in the
Bulverde/Spring Branch area in Central Texas.
We attract and facilitate business development that enhances
our local economy, community, and Hill Country quality of life.
The Hill Country destination for capital investment, job growth, tourism,
and green development that cultivates an enduring legacy.
It is the goal of the BSBEDF to bring together investors with the same focus and concern for the future development of our community. We believe it is of utmost importance to bring together leaders and stakeholders from our community to all sit at the same table and collectively plan to ensure that as our community grows and develops; it does so intentionally and with purpose. It is our goal for the BSBEDF to serve in this crucial role as we work together for the interests of our business community as well as our citizens.
This was the primary reason for the development and implementation of the Bulverde/Spring Branch Area Economic Development Plan. The recommendations in the plan are based on an extensive input process that included interviews with key community leaders, focus groups, and an on-line survey. This input led to the identification of several common issues that the BSBEDF can address over the next several years which are addressed in the plan. Below is an outline of our objectives:
- Advocate and support infrastructure improvements to impact future quality of life
– Support governmental jurisdictions and entities with effective growth management authority to protect quality of life
– Support efforts to improve water and wastewater infrastructure
– Support highway and road Improvements
- Take Action to Improve Conditions for Existing Local Businesses
– Implement a business retention and expansion program
– Offer informational programs and support to local businesses
–Establish a program to encourage local entrepreneurship
- Develop effective communications with the public about the importance and focus of managed economic development
- Economic Development Council
– The Economic Development Foundation is formally charged to communicate and implement this strategic plan
- Begin Targeted Business Attraction Program
– Establish a marketing program which articulates the Bulverde/Spring Branch advantage for business
– Medical and Health Care
– Senior Citizen Services
– Appropriate Retail
– High quality, high wage, non-water intensive companies (technology, green businesses, etc.)
– Actively recruit community college, vocational tech, and skills training
- Promote Housing Diversity
– Workforce Housing
– Affordable middle income solutions